IMPACT Grant Guidelines
I. Grant Guidelines
The Wellspring Foundation of Southwest Virginia will only award grants to those agencies or organizations identified by the Internal Revenue Service as not-for-profit organizations or governmental entities. Each must serve to benefit the Virginia counties of Washington, Grayson, Russell or Smyth and support, promote and/or further the Foundation’s vision and mission.
Areas of interest include:
- Children & Families
- Workforce Development
- Economic Development
The Board, in making grant decisions, will place the greatest priority on projects that:
- Receive funding from other sources
- Exhibit collaboration in service delivery with other not-for-profit organizations
- Ensure measurable outcomes and objective data which can be accurately measured
- Provide evidence of the feasibility and sustainability of the proposed project
- Do not result in a duplication of services provided by another agency
II. Grant Restrictions
Divisions Within Organizations, Institutions or Government Entities
- In general, organizations are ineligible for funding from the Foundation to support routine financial responsibilities, such as capital and operating budgets (e.g., payroll expenses, ongoing routine maintenance, etc.).
- Proposals for individual schools must be approved by and submitted through the school district’s central administration office.
- Proposals for individual departments of county or town government must be approved by and submitted through the county or town government office.
- To comply with federal guidelines and legal requirements, the Foundation will not issue grants of any kind to or for:
- Projects unrelated to the Foundation’s vision and mission
- Purposes that are identified as agency ongoing operational expenses not related to the requested project
- Fundraisers or other ticketed special events
- Corporate sponsorships
- Amateur athletic organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political purposes or for lobbying activities
- Organizational debt reduction
- The Wellspring Foundation of Southwest Virginia does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation or disability and will not support organizations that discriminate in any manner.
- Decisions regarding grant disbursements are made at the sole discretion of the Wellspring Foundation of Southwest Virginia to further its mission. The Wellspring Foundation will not support organizations engaged in activities that incite or engage in violence, intimidation, harassment, threats or defamation targeting an individual or group based on their actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. The Wellspring Foundation will not award grants to organizations that the Foundation believes intend to support or engage in hateful activities, whether online or offline.
III. Funding Level
IV. Grant Funding Cycle
The Foundation will review applications submitted by the grant cycle deadline listed below. All grant applications must be completed online and received by the close of business (4:30 p.m.) on the deadline set forth below.
1. Grant Cycle
a. IMPACT grant application window opens – February 15
b. IMPACT grant application DUE DATE – March 31 at 4:30 p.m.
c. IMPACT grant cycle notification/contract date – August 1
V. Grant Application Review Process
VI. Project Accountability and Reporting
All advertising done by the grant recipient that mentions the Foundation or uses the Foundation logo must be approved by the Director of Operations PRIOR to release/posting.
Please contact the Wellspring Foundation of Southwest Virginia if you have any questions regarding the IMPACT grant application or guidelines.
The Foundation reserves the right to amend and/or supplement this document at any time.